Vw Caddy Tdi 1.9 Van Won't Start Is It The Fuel Pump? I Recharged Battery (after Trying To Start Vw Caddy To Many Times!) But Air Got Into The Injectors. I Got Air Out Of Injectors. Battery Ok, But Now Engine Will Not Start When I Turn Over Ignition?

2

How old is your battery? It is not enough to charge it if it is old. I've read about modern accumulators or supercapacitors https://supercaptech.com/battery-vs-supercapacitor/ and they say that the latter can be much more reliable sources of energy.

If it's not a battery, then check the starter, maybe the whole problem is hidden in it.

John Profile
John answered
This may sound crazy but did you check the gas cap. My sister spent almost 800 dollars trying to fix a fuel problem only to find out that the fuel cap was broken(did not seal properly).apparently the fuel system is pressurized and needs the cap to make the tank a sealed unit for the pump to work properly.I know it sounds crazy but after they replaced a 25 dollar gas cap the car ran perfect.
Jacquelyn Mathis
Jacquelyn Mathis commented
I was just going to say that you are getting air in there from somewhere, follow the lines also and see if there isn't a hole in the line somewhere, or a leaky gasket.
John
John commented
Tamarind: I was thinking cabriolet(convertible).i have never heard of a caddy. I am thinking a van/wagon could be another one also. They have some wierd local names for cars. I thought i would give it a shot.
Rena Chisholm
Rena Chisholm commented
Nomad, Cabriolet, yes, that is the other one Steve and I were sitting here trying to think of.
I see Tigg has left a some very good input also. She is full of surprizes. Good job Tigg. :0)

Anonymous