Anonymous

How Do Hovercraft Steer?

2 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Hovercraft steer by rudder control to project air from the rear of the duct. Some hovercraft have two engines, some use just one and split the air with 25% directed into the skirts to give lift, and remaining 75% to provide thrust through the duct. The Hov Pod Hovercraft uses handlebars to control the rudders. Some hovercraft have a high centre of gravity so may be more difficult to steer, so drivers may have to use body weight to turn corners, whereas with the Hov Pod the design creates a low centre of gravity, so you do not have to use your body weight to turn corners. Hovercraft with correct trim set up are very easy to steer.

Answer Question

Anonymous