Where Do I Get My Provisional Licence From?


1 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
So you've just turned 17 ~ now you can learn to drive! However, you can't get in a car and drive it until you obtain a licence.

The Provisional Licence is designed to provide you with a legal allowance to drive under supervision in a car in the UK. You cannot drive on your own in a car until you have passed all the official driving tests.

To obtain your Provisional Licence you can visit your local Post Office branch and obtain form D1 (previously D750) or alternatively visit www.dvla.gov.uk where you can download the same form. This should be returned to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) who will then issue you your licence within about 4 weeks. Clearly if you want to get in a lesson on your 17th birthday you need to apply for your provisional well in advance!

Answer Question