Can I just replace the inside pane of a cracked window? I have double pane windows and the inside one cracked for no reason. Can just that glass be replaced or does the whole window have to be done?


2 Answers

Ancient Hippy Profile
Ancient Hippy answered

Double glazed windows (two pane) must be replaced as a unit. The glass panes are sealed, air is vacuumed out and an inert gas is put in there. If you just replace the inside piece of glass, you'll lose all of the insulation value. What brand are they?

Bikergirl Anonymous Profile

Sorry, but any multipane window is a sealed unit which needs to be replaced as a 'unit'.  The gas or vacum in between the panes of glass add to it's insulation factor .. You can't replace just one pane.

Answer Question