- Is your vehicle left or right hand drive?
- Is your vehicle made for the country you are in?
- Heavy good vehicles have to be more aware of what other vehicles are on the road?
Drivers should improve their techniques in order to be safer on the road and to avoid accidents. These techniques can be easily learnt by attending various types of defensive driving courses. Once bad habits have been learnt it is very difficult but not impossible to learn the skills required to become a better driver.
There are several techniques that a driver can use to help improve the awareness when on the road.
- Constantly be aware of your surroundings, keep looking around don't let yourself get into a hypnotic state. Drivers who fall into this category usually can be seen constantly suddenly braking at the last moment.
- Use your rear view mirrors a driver should be equally aware what is happening at the back of the vehicle as well as the front.
- Make sure you put your vehicle in a space in the road that is right for your vehicle and your experience don't be intimidated by other driver. Make sure if there is an accident you have spotted a safe place to put your car.
- Make sure other drivers can see you at all times. This also means don't drive right behind a car or heavy good vehicle they won't see you. Remember if you can't see their mirrors they certainly can't see you.
- Always use your indicators when you want to turn or change lanes this is so that everyone can see what you are doing and they won't have to presume.